Monday, August 1, 2011

Dear Facebook: We're Through

Dear Facebook,

It's nothing you've done. Oh no... believe me, it's not you, it's me. I'm just not woman enough to handle you.

I'll be using my business Facebook page but I'm going to try to resist the subtle charms of my personal page on your site.

There are two reasons for my change of heart.

Please don't take offense to this -- I don't mean it personally, but you waste my time. You see, as a creative type, I am easily distracted. I need to stay on task and in my zone.

And my love, although I love posting on The Wall, I do have a way of blurting out things that I later regret. I type fast, so it's as fast as saying something dumb, and that's all there is to it. I feel the mental weight of these errors and can't stand to hurt peoples' feelings.

Oh my darling, I have to be brutally honest here --I find you depress me. I sense all pain and sadness and seem to soak it up like a sponge. It does not help me be productive. I like hearing about what my friends are doing, and seeing photos of their puppies and guppies, but somehow I've lived several decades without this knowledge previously and I can continue to soldier on.

Life is short. I will let others create via Facebook. I need to create my art.

Au revoir my love....

No comments: