Friday, October 15, 2010

Received great news

Today I received some excellent news. To put it in simple terms, I had been having a lot of aches and pains, and it looked like I might have something bad - very bad, like an autoimmune disorder. But they found that I was low on Vitamin D. So, I have been on a mega-prescription-dose of Vitamin D, and after being on it about a week, I am starting to feel better. I had multiple vials of blood drawn, and the blood tests came back fine.

Who would've thought that Vitamin D would make such a difference? Apparently it makes a big difference. A Vitamin D deficiency can mimic a lot of the symptoms of Lupus. You'd think that just being outside and drinking milk fortified with Vitamin D would be enough - but my doctor said that some peoples' bodies just cannot convert enough of the vitamin.

I feel like I've been able to come out from under a very dark and ominous cloud. But it's a warning to rest and take care of oneself.

No comments: