Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Happily overwhelmed

So much has been happening lately, I'm very happily overwhelmed!

I was interviewed by the Gwinnett Daily Post about the art auction I do on Saturdays at the Snellville Farmers' Market. Barring bigger news happening (that could bump my story out of the lineup), the article about my art auction should be published on Saturday the 25th. I added a page to my website to share the acrylic paintings I've done over the past months.

Then on Monday the 27th, I will be honored at a Snellville City Council meeting with a Proclamation by Snellville Mayor Jerry Oberholtzer, that the day is "Darla Dixon Day" in the City of Snellville. I have been writing a blog about Snellville for about 5 years, sharing news and events. Back when I started the blog, it seemed to me that nobody else cared about what was going on in Snellville - It's a suburb of Atlanta, and everybody left Snellville for other places to get entertainment. I wanted things to do in our town, so I started the blog. The idea caught on and now the blog has several hundred followers and fans on Twitter and Facebook. The proclamation will also include recognition of my art and the art auctions I am doing to help the food bank.

Snellville has really grown, and I'm happy I have been able to play a part in it. It will be something to have my name on the official record of the city!

Last but not least, I'm working on 3 wonderful portrait commissions. Should be done with them all within about a week.

All this is clashing with my health-improvement-plan of getting more sleep...lol

No comments: