Friday, September 17, 2010

Cocker Spaniel Puppy Pencil Portrait Drawing

Click to view portrait larger

Here is a Cocker Spaniel puppy drawing I did for a client. We're still deciding on it. She seems to look annoyed, but she is still cute.

I did a different sort of background than I usually do - this is kind of a cross-hatch effect. Had some fun with it. I thought a little more texture in the background would be a nice contrast to the softness of the puppy fur.

In the coming week, I'll work on adjusting the puppy's attitude! It's funny that looking at it here on the computer, I can see just what needs to be fixed. Here are other pencil portraits of dogs I've drawn.

SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH E-MEALZ MEAL PLANS

2 comments:

Katherine Thomas said...

I LOVE the attitude on this puppy! It makes me smile! But, as the dog's owner, I might wish the expression were a bit more... cooperative-looking? Can you bring the grooves in the center of the forehead up a bit? That might just do the trick. It's a wonderful painting either way!

Darla Dixon, Artist said...

Thanks Katherine - I know it's wrong- this is not the personality of the dog. I know you know what I mean since you are an artist - when you know it's not quite right or finished, its not! :) Your idea might do the trick. Thanks for the suggestion!