Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Muffins, tree frogs, houses, dogs, rakes, anniversary, and steak

That has to be the weirdest blog post title of all time. But it just about covers everything.

I have been pretty busy the last few days. With the kids out of school, we have been going to the neighborhood pool quite a bit.I did some muffin baking yesterday.

Art-wise, I am working on 2 commissions right now - one is a Cocker Spaniel dog and the other portrait is of a house. The client has a line drawing of a house - more of a computer type rendering, and needs it redrawn with color, driveway, walkways, landscaping and sky so it will look like a real house. The house drawing will be used in some real estate ads, and needs to show the house in an idealized setting. I am drawing the house in colored pencil, and the sky will probably be done using both colored pencils and pastels. I tried to stay up late last night working on it again, and my eyes went buggy so I had to stop before I ruined the drawing.

I was all set to drive to the local food bank this morning, but I checked their website and it turns out they are closed. I'm very glad I checked before I hopped in the car. I have about 4 bags of groceries to deliver and $195 in checks! This is all the result of the paintings to raise money at the Snellville Farmers' Market. I'm so excited to get these supplies to them.

I met up with the lady who purchased the tree frog painting in the silent auction at the Farmers' Market. She was so excited to get it, and I'm happy someone who truly loves both art and tree frogs will own the painting.

The house was so messy this morning, I literally took a yard rake to rake up all the toys in the living room, and then I vacuumed. It does sound crazy, but it's a lot quicker and less tiring than bending over 20,000 times to pick up Legos and View Master discs (Strangely, there was no ViewMaster anywhere around for some reason). So maybe it's crazy but it's an intelligent crazy. Here's a page I wrote about House Cleaning for the Housework Challenged. Calgon, take me away.

Today is our 25th wedding anniversary. It calls for steak.

No comments: