Thursday, June 24, 2010

Tree Frog Painting : Almost there but not quite

Tree Frog, 14"x14" Acrylic Painting
Unfinished, as it turns out. Explained below!

Here is a better photo of the Tree Frog, and as you can see I'm further along. I thought I was done - until I woke up this morning and had the realization (before I even got out of bed!) that I had made a mistake. When I decided to change the scenery, I made the leaves too small.

Tree frogs are small creatures. By making the leaves smaller, the tree frog looks huge in comparison. So oops. I can fix it, and hope the corrections won't mess up the composition too much.

Another error I see is that the leaf the frog has his left foot on needs to clearly come all the way to the branch. The way it is now, it seems to just be floating out there. A few strokes of the brush will fix it. Back to the easel!

But it's pretty, don't you think? I like it a lot, but I am biased :) As you can see, I am also very picky, at least about my artwork!

3 comments:

Katherine Thomas said...

He's wonderful! I can't believe you did that so fast! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks a painting is finished, then takes a photo of it and puts in on the computer, only to discover I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board. Your little guy looks great!

Anonymous said...

I love tree frogs! Great job

acoloraffair said...

It's a great piece! Make sure to take plenty of pictures before you donate it. Great job Darla! Way to use that color!