Friday, June 4, 2010

Nice to talk to adults

Tonight I enjoyed a get-together with some new friends. I got into a political discussion with one lady that probably bothered other people. I'll have to remember not to discuss politics (or religion) like my mom and dad taught me!

But it's nice to have an intelligent discussion with another adult, a conversation that doesn't involve chocolate milk or Sponge-Bob. The lady and I are on near opposite ends of the political spectrum, but yet we can agree on some points. We also can agree to disagree, and that's okay. I like people like that. As long as the conversation stays respectful and we can both see that we both want what's best for the U.S.A. even if we disagree. But I know that in 100 years, will anybody really care? Did we move anything forward by our discussion? Nope. Should just discuss chocolate milk. Next time I won't let the conversation go political - because it made other people uncomfortable, and I'm really sorry that it did.

Well, what are you gonna do...lol...I had a wine cooler. Haven't had one of those in a long time. I mean probably more than a decade. I had a cherry-pomegranate one. It was like spiked Kool-Aid. Good too. I wouldn't be able to drink very much of that though, it's so sweet. My daughter warned me that alcohol wouldn't be a good mix with my personality. She said I'm "already too open and honest," and I'd tell anybody everything if I drink! It's all Trish's fault. lol
Great chocolate cake too, which I shouldn't have eaten, but at least I scraped the majority of the frosting off.

It was good to get out of the house, and all I have to do for tomorrow's charitable painting event is get the last of the stuff into the car, grab a shower tomorrow, and pack myself a lunch.

1 comment:

Darla said...

I would have eaten only the frosting to cut down on calories. But I have been doing that since before I needed to watch calories. Even as a little girl I ate only the frosting, well, possibly a few bites of cake. I also open the sandwich type cookies and eat out the frosting, throw the cookie part in the trash. And, me, a grandmother. It's probably something I should be ashamed of, but don't realize it. My husband says it just goes along with so many other "unusual" things I do. I'm happy you got out with some grown-ups. It sounds like you had a great time.