Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I have the stares


"The Stares" is what I call the effect that lack of sleep has on me. You know - when you just sit and stare and can't focus on anything because you are exhausted?

Omigosh, I am tired this morning. I stayed up too late again. I don't mind staying up late if I accomplish something, but how many times do we think we'll stay up late to do something and then find we got nothing done? We think we are doing something, but we're just too tired to really do anything valuable. Then, the next morning/day, we are also less productive - and grumpy.

Every 3 weeks or so, I have some insomnia. Last night wasn't insomnia, it was just my "inner brat" not wanting to go to bed. I was goofing off. Oh, don't look at me like that. You know you've done that too! ;-)

I've found that when I've had insomnia, the best way to get through the next day is to just push on through, rather than bemoan the lack of sleep. I just think to myself, it is what it is - and go on.

So that's what I'll be doing today, after I have breakfast and clean up this place a bit. The cleaning crew hasn't been here in years, but sometimes I see the cleaning lady look back at me in the bathroom mirror.

No comments: