Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What to create?

I've been thinking about what sort of artwork I will create at the next Snellville Farmers' Market. I really am done painting festival tents. I guess that made the first two paintings special, but there's only so much I can do with festival tents.

So, I've been leaning toward several painting topics. Cats. Mermaids. Angels.
To paint an angel was suggested by someone on my Facebook page. Not a bad idea, since the purpose of the painting is to help others by raising money for the food bank.

Mermaids
have been a good seller for me. I've painted and drawn some previously - usually as ACEO (Art Cards) and they have sold on Ebay and Etsy.

But Cats really have fans. There are some "Cat people" that really love to buy anything with cats on it. The great thing about cats in art, as opposed to dogs is that the cat doesn't have to look like the cat lover's own cat for the cat person to love it. I'm hopin if I do a cat artwork, people will really compete to bid over it. The more bids it gets, the more money it will bring for the food bank.

No comments: